Classified Immovable Properties

    MM010-Bom Parto Fortress

    Location: Macao

    Category: Monuments

    Introduction: Penha Hill

    Probably the first cannons ever built in Macao. The Fortress of Bom Parto already existed when the Dutch tried to invade Macao and repelled by the Portuguese in 1622. It partly formed the defensive network on the southern bay allied together with the St. Francis’ Fortress and St. Peters’ Fort (which were both demolished due to land reclamation during 1930s), also aimed to fulfill the defensive purpose of the Inner Harbour in conjunction with the São Tiago da Barra Fortress. The Fortress was built on a site belonged to the Augustinians, and reconstructed later in 1775 (the 40th year of the reign of Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty) with 8 cannons installed. The fortress was abandoned since 1892, and now is a part of the official residence complex of the Consul-General of Portugal in Macao and Hong Kong.

    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.