Information from the Public about Macao’s Cultural Heritage
1. Collection and processing of non-personal data by this website
If you are merely browsing this website and not using its services or submitting applications, you will not be asked to provide your personal data, such as your full name and address, etc. However, IC’s computer system may automatically take records of the following technical information:
- Your internet domain name and IP address;
- The date and time when you begin to browse this website;
- The webpage(s) you have browsed;
- Should you access this website via the hyperlink(s) contained in other websites, the internet domain names of these other websites will be noted.
Nevertheless, any personally identifiable information will not be collected. The collected information shall only be used for statistical compilation and exploration of issues related to the computer system, so as to facilitate IC to improve this website. Unless the users’ visits are found to be hostile attacks to this website, the information collected will not be used for tracking.
By using this website, the webpage(s) executed may store information about the users’ usage through a “cookie”, which mainly stores personalized settings or contents for the users. If you have set your browser to detect cookies, you may receive a warning message each time a cookie is stored.
2. Collection and processing of personal data by this websiteWhen you use the electronic services of this website or send an email to IC, your personal data, like your full name, telephone number and postal address, etc., may be required. To the extent authorized by law, these personal particulars may be passed on to the other government department(s) responsible for offering the service you require for the provision of such service. However, your personal data will not be disclosed to any non-governmental entities; unless, to the extent permitted by law, these entities are authorized to use your personal data for the sake of providing the required service.
When you send an email to this website or use the electronic services provided in this website, you are advised not to provide any personal data that is not required for the service you are applying for, especially your identity card number and address, etc.; unless this information is required for such service. You will not be asked to provide any online payment information.
3. Protection of personal dataTo ensure your personal data is protected, this website will make use of appropriate information security technology in delivering or archiving the data you input online. Your personal information that is registered at this website shall be treated in strict confidence and only those who are authorized can have access to your information. However, you should understand and acknowledge that there must be risks when transmitting data online. Therefore, when you use the relevant service, you are bound to agree to bear such risks and the losses that may incur. This website shall not be responsible for such risks and losses.
4. External linksThis website contains links to other government or non-government websites. When you click on these links, it means that you have left this website. The privacy policies set forth on those websites can be different from this website, and therefore, IC shall not bear any responsibility for their contents as well as their privacy policies. You are advised to read the privacy policies adopted by those websites when necessary.
5. Rights of access and correctionAccording to the “Personal Data Protection Act” of the Macao SAR, the applicants who have filled out their personal information in this website are entitled to the rights of access and correction when necessary. Such applicants can request IC to access or correct their personal information through a normal channel.
6. Changes to this policyShould there be any updates to this policy, they will be published in a new version which will replace the old one and no further notice is required. The date of the revision will be listed in the updated version.