Classified Immovable Properties

    MM030-Tin Hau Temple



    Location: Macao

    Category: Monuments

    Introduction: Rua dos Pescadores

    This is the only existing temple on the North-eastern side of the Macao peninsula and was located on an old Eastern bay, near the Ma Kau Seac Hill, with its various pavilions accompanying the inclination of the hillside. Originally, the temple was installed in a natural cave, serving for the worship of the Goddess Tin Hau. According to an inscription found at the site, the area was converted into a temple, in 1865, and was later restored in 1987. The temple is formed by stone pagodas and pavilions, including Tin Hau, Tei Mou, Kun Iam, Tai Soi and Mou Hau, where the respective deities are venerated.


    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.