Classified Immovable Properties

    AM004-Casa Garden



    Location: Macao

    Category: Buildings of architectural interest

    Introduction: Beside Camões Park

    Built in 1770, the first known owner of this mansion was a wealthy Portuguese merchant, Manuel Pereira. At a later date, the house was rented out to the British East India Company, housing some of the company’s high-ranking officials. Visitors of the house include renowned figures such as Lord George McCartney (1737-1806), the first envoy of Britain to China who visited Emperor Qianlong in 1793. In 1960’s, the house was used as a museum space dedicated to Luís de Camões, a famous Portuguese poet. Nowadays, the property is the Macao Branch of the Orient Foundation.


    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.