Classified Immovable Properties

    SM017-Parsee Cemetery



    Location: Macao

    Category: Sites

    Introduction: Estrada dos Parses, near Chok Kong Pavilion

    Opened in 1829, the cemetery was used by the Parsees who originally came from Gujerat, India. In Chinese, the Parsee Cemetery is called “Bak Tou (White-Head) Cemetery” because the Parsees wore white turbans. Parsees merchants came to Macao first in the 1770s but by the middle of the 19th century, they gradually moved to Hong Kong.


    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.