Classified Immovable Properties

    AM021-Convent of the Precious Blood



    Location: Macao

    Category: Buildings of architectural interest

    Introduction: No. 3, Rua dos Parses

    Constructed between 1916 and 1917, this building was originally a private mansion owned by a lawyer, Luís Nolasco da Silva. It was acquired by the Order of the Little Sisters of Precious Blood during the 1930s or ’40s. In 1998, it was purchased by the Macao Monetary and Exchange Authority (now known as the Macao Monetary Authority), and now became headquarter offices of the Authority.


    Architectural characteristics:

    This is a two-storey building with spacious balconies in the main rooms to provide better ventilation, a feature typical of the tropical regions before the invention of air conditioning. The building is also called “the White House” because its exterior walls are painted white.



    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.