Classified Immovable Properties

    AM001-Santa Sancha Palace



    Location: Macao

    Category: Buildings of architectural interest

    Introduction: Estrada de Santa Sancha, Penha Hill

    The building was built in 1846 as a mansion for an aristocrat family. Thereafter, it was successively occupied by French priests and a British company, later being converted into a Maternity Hospital Unit. It was then bought by the Macao Government in 1926, and Governor Artur Tamagnini de Sousa Barbosa refurbished the building into the official residence of the Portuguese Governors in 1937.


    Architectural characteristics:

    Santa Sancha Palace is a two-storey building with a symmetrical front. It is painted red with white windows and is surrounded by a European style garden. From the wide balcony on the upper floor, there is an excellent view of Praia do Bom Parto Bay and Taipa Island.



    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.