Classified Immovable Properties

    AM002-Chapel of Our Lady of Penha and Bishop’s Palace



    Location: Macao

    Category: Buildings of architectural interest

    Introduction: Penha Hill

    In 1622, the Chapel of Our Lady of Penha was originally built by Augustinian friars and began paying respect to “Nossa Senhora de Penha da França”. It underwent several renovations before it was reconstructed together with the Bishop’s Residence in 1935, acquiring its current appearance as a result. It is due to the existence of Bishop’s Residence therefore the hill is also known as “Bishop’s Hill.”


    Architectural characteristics:

    The neoclassic church is solemn and magnificent with a steeple.



    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.