Classified Immovable Properties

    AM043-Building on Estrada do Cemitério, no. 6 (Blue House)



    Location: Macao

    Category: Buildings of architectural interest

    Introduction: Estrada do Cemitério, n.º 6 and Rua de Jorge Álvares, n.º 9, Macao

    Building no. 6 in Estrada do Cemitério, commonly known as the blue house, was originally a one-storey private mansion which built between 1941 to 1954. The building was expanded in 1965 and 1985. In 1966, it started  became the office of the Public Relief Branch (former Social Affairs Bureau). At the end of the 1980s, the exterior walls were painted in a bright  blue color and  the building gradually became one of the visual landmarks of the district.


    Architectural characteristics:
    The general architectural style and interior design of the Blue House reveal a typical Portuguese outlook, while the original layout has remained mostly intact.
     


    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.