Classified Immovable Properties

    MM042-Former Chong Sai Pharmacy



    Location: Macao

    Category: Monuments

    The building was constructed before 1892.  On the July 29th 1893, it opened to the public as the Chong Sai Pharmacy (Chinese-Western Pharmacy), and it served as Dr. Sun Yat-Sen’s clinic. This was one of the earliest western clinics run by Chinese doctors in Macao’s history. In 2011, the Macao S.A.R. Government acquired the building and the Cultural Affairs Bureau started the necessary conservation and revitalization. During the conservation work, remains of old stone structures were discovered under the foundations of the building. In 2016 the building was re-opened to the public, including an exhibition about its history.

     

     

     

     


    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.