Classified Immovable Properties

    AM020-Bela Vista Hotel



    Location: Macao

    Category: Buildings of architectural interest

    Introduction: Nos. 8-10, Avenida do Comendador Ho Yin

    The exact year when the building was constructed is uncertain, though it is believed to be circa 1870. In 1890, it was sold to William Clarke, a sea captain from Britain, and his wife, Catherine Hannack, and was converted and refurbished into a hotel. As the hotel was surrounded by beautiful scenery, it was also known as the “Hotel Boa Vista” and later in 1936 was re-named the “Hotel Bela Vista”. After changing hands several times, the building has previously been used as a school, a refugee camp for the Portuguese, and a retreat centre for the British soldiers. However, it has been eventually re-used as a hotel once again later on. The hotel was closed on March 29th 1999 in order to subsequently engage restoration and refurbishment works to become the official residence of the Consul-General of Portugal in Macao.


    Architectural characteristics:

    The Bela Vista Hotel is a three-storey light yellow building with neoclassic style arcades, columns, railings and pediment.



    Privacy Policy    |    Feedback

    Copyright © Cultural Affairs Bureau, All rights reserved
    Praça do Tap Seac, Edif. do Instituto Cultural, Macau
    Tel:(853) 2836 6866 Fax:(853) 2836 6899 Email:webmaster@icm.gov.mo

    Best view at 1024 x 768 resolution with 10 or above versions of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or above versions.